Radio System - UK Cable Tunnel
Posted on 23rd November 2016 at 11:01
CommTrack recently completed the Factory Acceptance Test for the radio communication system for a new 5.1Km cable tunnel in London. The radio system which was designed and built by CommTrack in the UK will be installed and commissioned in early 2017. Due to the tunnel being classified as an hazardous area, the radiated RF power via the leaky feeder and fibre optic transceivers is strictly controller. Each of the five head houses will have full tunnel radio coverage as well as surface coverage.
The full radio system includes the following:
- Two base station repeaters, one for the fire brigade radios, one for the customers maintenance teams.
- RF distribution over fibre optics.
- Cable break detection system.
- SCADA alarm connectivity.
- Maximum of +30dBm ERP.
- Surface coverage in head house areas.
Share this post: